Friday, March 7, 2014

A Light Bulb

As soon as I was discovered by Sir Edison & then turned ON ,
A new era in human civilization was born.

I started my journey as a stupendous being ,
But now I have become the most ubiquitous thing.

The isolated stretch without my presence turn into "Office" for the goons ,
While I act as the lone source of confidence to a traveler walking under the moon.

People in the city have totally Nonchalant attitude towards me ,
While still in the villages , I am no less than a Bollywood celebrity.

My mere faint glow in a small cottage puts to delight , faces of many a people ,
But to entertain & amuse others in a disco , I have to constantly dance & wobble.

I may vary in shapes & designs according to different sections of the society ,
But i am equally faithful to my master in bid to ward off any adversity.

People expect me to carry out my duties for an entire lifetime ,
But they never remember to terminate my services even during daytime.

The mighty ships & trains do not move ahead without taking my permission ,
Even the heavenly air-crafts touch the ground under my strict supervision.

While I remain stable in occasions of both prosperity and disaster ,
Only my color shades change as per emotional situation around my master.

Relatives have their heart in the mouth , as long as I glow at operation theatre entrance atop ,
While my Beacon avatar has got the power to put the most busiest places to a Stop.

I am the sole one who has observed every facet of human life ,
Saw the affectionate love of Parents , witnessed the sweet quarrels between husband and wife.

I hereby resolve to be awake and glowing with zeal in heart till that holy day ,
When peace surrounds us all and evils to the human and nature are put to bay.

When like me people stop discriminating on grounds of caste or creed ,
And politicians work devotedly without spreading hatred and greed.

Love
Abhishek Singh

The feelings of light bulb are expressed above in form of a poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to get your feedback.....